What's this blog about?

I teach several courses under the broad topic of "Multicultural Education," prioritizing social justice issues of access, power/privilege, & narrowing the academic achievement gap. I am a person of color and I almost always have a white co-teacher. We include topics, such as: racism, sexism, heterosexism, ableism, ethnocentrism, deculturalization, transforming curriculum, etc. This is a place where I post information that we teach; lesson plans for activities; and resources we use and/or which are shared with me by my adult students.

Thursday, November 9, 2017

MICROAGGRESSION Resources

ARTICLES

 MICROAGGRESSION VIDEOS
 Kid Friendly Version of Microaggression (2 minutes)

I too am Harvard (5 minutes)

Toure - The internal response to racial slights (6 minutes)

Microaggressions in Everyday Life/Films (5 minutes)

 If Microaggressions Happened to White People (3 minutes)

Implicit Bias & Microaggressions: the Macro Impact of Small Acts: A talk by Professor Derald Wing Sue of Teachers College, Columbia University at Stanford University on 1/20/2015 (50 minutes)

LISTEN: How Do You Respond to Microaggressions?


How to Handle Microaggressions


More Videos
Decoded: You CAN’T Sound White! (2:35)
Decoded: How Racist is YouTube? (4:16)
MTV It Adds Up (Preview of Videos Below) (:30)