What's this blog about?

I teach several courses under the broad topic of "Multicultural Education," prioritizing social justice issues of access, power/privilege, & narrowing the academic achievement gap. I am a person of color and I almost always have a white co-teacher. We include topics, such as: racism, sexism, heterosexism, ableism, ethnocentrism, deculturalization, transforming curriculum, etc. This is a place where I post information that we teach; lesson plans for activities; and resources we use and/or which are shared with me by my adult students.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Why I'm Tired of the Civil Rights Conversation

This article has a rhetorical title. 
 
Everyone should be concerned with civil rights. Those who have them think everyone else does, and that's just not true. As the article states, we can't talk opening about race now and it still exists in today's United States, not just in the past.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/living/movement-dull/